iPotassium - Potassium
If you are working towards healthy eating, knowing the amount of potassium in the foods available for consumption can be extremely helpful.
The iPotassium app provides information about foods and how they are rated for content of potassium. This is provided as a means to assist in deciding which foods to eat. The food servings are rated from EXTREMELY LOW in cholesterol all the way up to EXTREMELY HIGH. The following colors help readily identify which is which:
- = Rated EXTREMELY HIGH in Potassium (> 700 mg)
- = Rated VERY HIGH in Potassium (501 - 700 mg)
- = Rated HIGH in Potassium (351 - 500 mg)
- = Rated MODERATELY HIGH in Potassium (201 - 350 mg)
- = Rated MODERATE in Potassium (151 - 200 mg)
- = Rated MODERATELY LOW in Potassium (101 - 150 mg)
- = Rated LOW in Potassium (51 - 100 mg)
- = Rated VERY LOW in Potassium (11 - 50 mg)
- = Rated EXTREMELY LOW in Potassium (0 - 10 mg)
There are eight tables listing food servings:
- = All Foods
- = Fast Foods
- = Fruits & Vegetables
- = Meat, Fish & Shellfish
- = Dairy & Egg
- = Cereal Grains & Pasta
- = Sweets
- = Snacks
The All Foods list allows you to search by any word or partial word from all the Food Titles.
Selecting a food in any of the tables will display pertinent information about the selected food serving:
- Food Title
- Weight (in grams)
- Common Measure (serving size for weight)
- Potassium Content (in milligrams)
- USDA Description
- USDA Food Group
- USDA Nutrient Database Number
Information is derived from the USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference: Potassium Content of Selected Foods per Common Measure. There are currently over 1,100 different food servings included, searchable using more than 2,500 names (some foods are known by different names or how they are prepared, e.g., "Egg, Scrambled" and "Scrambled Egg"). A few these have as many as six searchable names.
The iPotassium Info screen provides access to additional information pages:
- What is Potassium?
- Potassium Benefits
- Highest Potassium Foods
- How to Use this App
- Important Other Info. (includes allowance to 1) Report a Problem; 2) Ask a Questions; and 3) Make a Suggestion)
The app is compatible with the iPhone, iPod Touch, and the iPad.
Category: Health & Fitness, Education
Copyright 2010-2013 James Hollender. All rights reserved.
iPhone / iPod Touch Screenshots — iPotassium
iPad Screenshots — iPotassium