For those working towards limiting their Saturated Fat intake, knowing the amount of saturated fat in the food servings can be extremely helpful.
NEW FEATURE Starting in Version 3.0 — User can now Record Custom Servings using the Create Custom Serving button available in the upper right corner of each Food Serving Infomaton page
The iSatFat app provides information about foods and how they are rated for saturated fat content. This is provided as a means to assist in deciding which foods to eat. The foods servings are rated from EXTREMELY LOW in saturated fat all the way up to EXTREMELY HIGH. The following colors help readily identify which is which:
- = Rated EXTREMELY HIGH in Saturated Fat (10.001-33.000 g)
- = Rated VERY HIGH in Saturated Fat (5.001-10.000 g)
- = Rated HIGH in Saturated Fat (3.001-5.000 g)
- = Rated MODERATELY HIGH in Saturated Fat (1.001-3.000 g)
- = Rated MODERATE in Saturated Fat (0.501-1.000 g)
- = Rated MODERATELY LOW in Saturated Fat (0.101-0.500 g)
- = Rated LOW in Saturated Fat (0.011-0.100 g)
- = Rated VERY LOW in Saturated Fat (0.001-0.010 g)
- = Rated EXTREMELY LOW in Saturated Fat (0.000 g)
There are eight tables listing food servings:
- = All Foods
- = Fast Foods
- = Fruits & Vegetables
- = Meat, Fish & Shellfish
- = Dairy & Egg
- = Cereal Grains & Pasta
- = Sweets
- = Snacks
The All Foods list allows you to search by any word or partial word from all the Food Titles.
Selecting a food in any of the tables will display pertinent information about the selected food serving:
- Food Title
- Weight (in grams)
- Common Measure (serving size for weight)
- Saturated Fat Content (in grams)
- Saturated Fat by Weight (if greater than 1%)
- USDA Description
- USDA Food Group
- USDA Nutrient Database Number
Information is derived from the USDA National Nutrient Database for Standard Reference: Fatty Acids - Total Saturated Content of Selected Foods per Common Measure. There are currently over 1,100 different food servings included, searchable using more than 2,500 names (some foods are known by different names or how they are prepared, e.g., "Egg, Scrambled" and "Scrambled Egg"). A few these have as many as six searchable names.
The iSatFat Info screen provides access to additional information pages:
- What is Saturated Fat?
- Why Avoid Saturated Fat?
- Highest Saturated Fat Foods
- User Agreement
- How to Use this App
- About this App (includes allowance to 1) Report a Problem; 2) Ask a Questions; and 3) Make a Suggestion)
The app is compatible with the iPhone, iPod Touch, and the iPad.
Category: Health & Fitness, Education
Copyright 2010-2013 James Hollender. All rights reserved.
iPhone / iPod Touch Screenshots — iSatFat
iPad Screenshots — iSatFat